What choices do we have left to us to regain even a small part of our lost freedom?
Seriously think about that for a moment. What choices do we have?
Has voting worked?
Nope. No matter who we put in office, government gets bigger, more powerful, and takes more of our freedom. So that choice is out.
Writing and calling our representatives AFTER they have been voted for? See above, same answer. So that choice is out.
Doing nothing and hoping it will all work out? Well, that is mostly what we've been doing for decades now and how's that choice working for us? It's not, so that choice is out.
Revolution/rebellion? That choice is still on the table and hasn't been tried in 230+ years. It worked the last time but there are no guarantees now. We're a different people now than we were then. Not as moral. Not as hardy and tough both mentally and physically. We're basically just wimps overall. Even the military is being beaten into submission. This is still an option but not one I really want to see happen until every other single choice we have has been exhausted.
I'm open to suggestions here but as I see it we really have only one choice other than revolution. Withdrawing our consent to be governed by a corrupt and tyrannical government. As the old saying goes, just say NO.
That's what I've really been talking about the past couple of days. Withdrawing our consent to be governed. NO government can exist in that situation. If the people refuse to be governed the government dies, it's that simple. That's not to say it's easy though but what are our other options? I'm listening. (crickets chirping.........)
We have to, as a society, begin removing our consent in every way we possibly can. Stop feeding the monster. PERIOD!
I'm going to list a few ways we can start doing this. Yesterday I talked about gaining knowledge to start becoming self sustaining. That's the place to start but granted that takes time. We need things we can also do immediately that will make a difference. Here are a few I think would be a good start.
1. Stop using credit cards and no new debt. Pay cash for everything possible or at a minimum write a check. This hurts the big banks which hurts the government. Heck, the big banks ARE the government or is it the other way around. I've lost track of who owns who. Either way they are the same monster. In fact, stop using banks all together except for the bare minimum to pay the necessary bills. Why leave any extra funds in the banks for them to use? It's safer in your pocket or buried in the back yard. They pay you no interest for it why feed them just to risk having it confiscated at some point?
2. Start immediately to get out of debt. Whatever it takes. Rice and beans, beans and rice. Eat them, Love them. Same reason as above.
3. Support your local economy. Stop buying outside your community. Stop with the foreign suppliers like walmart and others. Buy local and american made if possible. This hurts the importers which hurts the government. It also hurts the big corporations like walmart which support big government because of corporate welfare and subsidies. If you can, barter for goods. As you learn more skills, swap them to people for goods and services you need. This keeps dollars out of government hands and in the hands that earned them. Over time this is a HUGE way to take back freedom. Multiple statewide and national barter networks would cause havoc within the government.
4. Even though I feel voting is generally a waste of time now I will say this, forget about federal elections we have no impact there. Get local. Focus on getting people in control of your local city and county governments that believe in small government and individual rights. Run yourselves if necessary but make it happen. Next, State and take the same approach. In one election cycle many local and state governments could be turned very conservative if we tried. We have no time left to wait and see if someone else does it. YOU must do it.
5. Withdraw from the consumer economy as much as you possibly can. Don't buy anything new that you can buy used from another individual. Again, barter if possible. Get your car fixed instead of buying a new one. Even better learn to fix it yourself and save even more money. Do anything you possibly can to not feed the monster by paying sales tax and other hidden taxes on each and every new purchase you make.
6. Come up with your own unique ways to starve the beast. These are just a few very basic ones to get you started and thinking about it. Just start though.
The choices are limited but the alternative is continuing in slavery and folks that is what we are now. Slaves. We are as much slaves as any people in past history. Just in different ways. We no longer control our income. We no longer control our lives. We no longer control our families. In fact, what DO we still control? Very little if anything by my estimation.
Make your choice or it will be made for you and you will NOT like the outcome.